Length of Training: 2 weeks (30 hours, Zoom classes, individual projects and group work: see class descriptions) Live Zoom Sessions: each weeknight | 6PM – 7:30PM ET
- Roundtable discussions with local administrators, teachers and leaders
- Debrief and reflection
- Group projects
- Individual consultations with faculty and mentors
- Nature Inspiration sessions
- Virtual visits to several regional schools that have FS programs
4 Core Classes + one seminar and one lab course
201 Forest School Observation and Assessment Strategies
202 Developing Rituals, Schedules and Mindfulness
203 Teaching Sustainable Education in Forest School
204 Naturalist Studies
205 Curriculum Development
Seminar: Parent Education & Involvement
Lab: TBD: Art in Nature, Nature Journaling
- Completion of: Introduction to Forest School; or participant provides documentation of prior experience and knowledge in the field.
- Bachelors or Associate degree in education or related field/ or experience teaching in an informal setting.
- Certificate—Forest School Teacher
- Completes Professional Portfolio
Fee: $395 for 4 core classes, 1 seminar and 1 lab class
10% discount on total tuition for groups of 2 or more from the same school
For applicable discounts and group rates, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 5 – 16, 2021
- August 9 – 22