Length of Training: 4 days (40 hours)
*(In-house Training: all participants lodge together and participate in extended group projects)
To build greater competency in teaching and naturalist skills through hands-on supervised teaching experiences at local FS programs.
- 6 hours—observation at 2-3 local FS programs
- 12 hours—debrief and class discussion
- 10 hours—teaching practicum
- 5 hours—naturalist training
- 6 hours—group projects/activities i.e. curriculum development, assessment tools, etc.
- 1 hour—consultation with faculty member
Prerequisite: Completion of Level 2 training or documentation of Level 2 competencies (including 6 hours teaching practicum)
- 5 additional hours of teaching practicum at approved FS programs with video and/or photo documentation and supervisor report (total of 20 hours teaching practicum)
- Master Forest School Educator Certificate
- Completion of Two CompetenciesCompetent Planner
- Understanding and incorporating constructivist-based educational philosophy
- Designing seasonally-based lessons and curriculum
- Planning effective and engaging parent communication and involvement opportunities
- Creating and using appropriate assessment tools
- Understanding data collection strategies
- Conducting and reporting action research studies
- Understanding basic principles and stages of Child Development
5. Understanding and identifying character strengths, physical, emotional and social development
Fee: $1450 (includes 4 days: transportation, food and lodging)
Upcoming Training Dates: 7/15-18
For applicable discounts and group rates, email email@example.com.